Everspace 2 Out Now On Steam Early Access
EVERSPACE by ROCKFISH Games was one of the surprise hits of 2017 and scored a well deserved 9.0 in our review back then. We’ve been looking forward to a sequel ever since, but thankfully the developers have been very careful about creating a follow-up that doesn’t tarnish the reputation of the original. This is also why they have chosen to make use of Steam Early access for EVERSPACE 2. The game is now available on both Steam Early Access as well as GOG Games in Development where players get to experience about 25 hours of gameplay.
EVERSPACE 2 is a space looter shooter and the Early Access version comes with two extensive star systems for players to explore. Players will be able to familiarize themselves with everything from space combat and mining to puzzle-solving, item shopping, crafting, ship customization, and more. The game also features RPG-style leveling, passive perks, and lower-tier models of five different player ship sub-classes. The Early Access version has full English voice acting for the first 12+ hours of the story campaign and players can also take on several side missions. ROCKFISH Games have also revealed the following list of features and content that will be added to the game through quarterly updates:
- More star systems, locations, enemies, activities etc. (8 star systems planned for v1.0)
- More player ship sub-classes and tiers (9 sub-classes with 4 tiers each planned for v1.0)
- More ship customization options
- More player levels (max player level 30 planned for v1.0)
- More items and resources incl. Legendary gear
- More player perks (6 x 3 perk upgrade options planned for v1.0)
- More companion characters incl. perks to upgrade (6 companions planned for v1.0)
- More challenges
- More main and side mission story content (30+ hours of story content planned for v1.0)
- More situational commentary from Adam and Hive
- More interesting jobs and factions
- More alien creatures
- Natural phenomena like lightning fields, black holes, solar storms, etc.
- Fast Travel system
- Different Outlaw factions with different tech
- Better trading opportunities, price tracking, trade routes
- Quest inventory
- Game difficulty setting
- Worthwhile endgame content and activities
CEO and co-founder of ROCKFISH Games, Michael Schade, has expressed his excitement about getting feedback from avid space pilots all around the globe over the next 12 to 18 months. He also stated how grateful he is for the glowing support from the community. EVERSPACE went from a Kickstarter in 2015 to a surprise hit with over two million copies sold, so expectations for EVERSPACE 2 is quite high. The game will continue the story of Adam Roslin, the cloned military space pilot from the first title. It is set a few years after the events of the first game and allows players to freely explore several star systems in the EVERSPACE universe.
Players eager to jump into EVERSPACE 2 can pick up the Early Access version on Steam and GOG. The full version, which will include MAC and native Linux support, is expected to release in the first half of 2022. Check out the Early Access trailer for EVERSPACE 2 below and head to Steam or GOG to purchase your copy.