Tunnel of Doom Launching Q2 2021
Indie publisher Digerati recently announced that they have a brand new action rogue-lite launching soon. Titled Tunnel of Doom, it also combines real-time tower defense with melee and ranged combat gameplay. The game is set to launch Q2 2021 on Steam, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One. The latter will be backward compatible with Xbox Series X/S as well.
PC players can get a taste of Tunnel of Doom before launch too as there is an upcoming open beta. Players interested in participating can sign-up at the following link – https://www.digerati.games/tunnelbeta for the open beta that is scheduled to run from 29 January to 1 February.
Each run in Tunnel of Doom is randomly generated and players must guide the protagonist, Angel, on a quest to rescue her husband who is trapped in a mine. This process involves resource gathering, discovering perks, and of course battling waves of monsters with whatever you can find. This is not an easy feat thanks to the hordes of ghoulish creatures lurking in the darkness. Tunnel of Doom is the second title from Antti Vaihia, the Helsinki-based developer of Gun Bombers. Vaihia stuck to the mining theme of his first game but was inspired to put his own spin on the rogue-lite scene thanks to a tweet about random level generation.
Check out the key features for Tunnel of Doom below as well as the announcement trailer. The game can also be wishlisted on Steam already. We don’t know about a lot of rogue-lite titles set in small early 20th-century mining towns, so Tunnel of Doom is worth keeping an eye on.
- Set Traps: It’s you against the hordes! Boost your chances of success and survival by strategically positioning cannons and barricades before battles begin.
- Gather Resources: Smash lamps. Destroy crates. Blow up rocks. Search the mine for materials that can be used as makeshift weapons or ammunition for traps.
- Weapon Combat: If your revolver or rifle ammo is running low… improvise! Throw rocks or glass. Swing your pickaxe. Break out the TNT. Do what it takes to avoid being mobbed by the monsters!
- Find Perks: Better traps. Improved weapons. More resources. There are 50 perks to discover, each offering an array of stat boosts and gameplay tweaks.
- Randomly Generated: The layout of the mine, perks, and monster battles change with each new game, meaning every run is different!
- Dream Mode: Escape the mine to unlock this new, endless challenge.