Glass Heart Games Announces Debut Game Vigil: The Longest Night
Glass Heart Games, a studio based in Taiwan, has just announced Vigil: The Longest Night, which will be their debut release. The game promises to offer an intricate blend of 2D side-scrolling action as well as some neat horror elements.
Vigil: The Longest Night is set in a world without sunlight and stars a member of the Vigil, named Leila. She becomes lost in a world of unimaginable terror after returning to her hometown in search of her lost sister. Players will have to help Leila uncover the secrets of the town as well as the source of the evil that is plaguing the countryside.
One of the things that already sets Vigil: The Longest Night apart from other titles in the genre is the unique art style that can be seen in the announcement trailer. The highly detailed visuals were inspired by paintings from the medieval period and Glass Heart Games were also influenced by the art of Chinese Paper Cutting. The result is striking visuals that captures the tone of the game and its dark world perfectly.
Vigil: The Longest Night won’t just look beautiful, but promises to play great as well. Glass Heart Games cited classics like Castlevania, along with modern marvels like Salt & Sanctuary and Bloodborne as inspiration for Vigil. The game will feature precise and technical combat, which is sure to please fans of the genre. It’s not often that we encounter a title that aims to deliver a combination of Lovecraftian prose and Taiwanese culture, so Vigil: The Longest Night is definitely one to watch.
There is still a bit of a wait ahead of eager players, though, as this unique tale of eldritch horror is currently targeted for a launch in early 2020. The game is expected to be available on PC, as well as Xbox One and PS4, with a Switch release planned for later. Check out the list of key features of the game below and watch the trailer to see what to expect.
- Experiment with 4 types of weapons — sword, heavy weapons, twin daggers, and bow — along with many mystical variations to be discovered.
- Use dozens of unique items to help, heal, and harm.
- Level up a complex skill tree to help you create the ultimate warrior of light.
- Battle variety of brutal enemies and the bizarre bosses from the depths of your nightmares.
- Unravel the multiple endings and uncover the secrets that lurk in the darkness.
- Become infected with the sinister mood evoked by dank caves, abandoned villages, and haunted forests.
- Listen to the atmospheric music by the talented Jouni Valjakka of popular Finish band Whispered.