Rollers of the Realm: Reunion Announced by Phantom Compass
Great news for fans of the cult classic role-playing pinball puzzle game, Rollers of the Realm, as Phantom Compass just announced the second installment. Titled Rollers of the Realm: Reunion, it promises to combine the same explosive pinball action and rousing fantasy role-playing that made the original such a treat to play. Players can also expect challenging physics puzzles along with platforming adventures.
Rollers of the Realm: Reunion is set for release on PC in 2022 and will feature easy-to-learn controls that allow players to navigate an adventure-filled game world inspired by classic pinball cabinets. The game is based around a clever spin on pinball and sees the ball feature attributes similar to a traditional RPG character. For example, if playing as a Rogue and her faithful hound, a small and fast ball will be used while the massive Knight ball can bash town guards and otherworldly monsters with ease instead of having to “sneak” around.
Rollers of the Realm: Reunion can be played alone, or players can team up with a friend as they search for powerful ancient artifacts, sweet gear upgrades, and NPC allies, all while trying to save the world from certain doom. Since the storyline and character progression take place across scenic pinball playfields, this game is definitely not a turn-based affair. Instead, players are required to flip, dash and nudge their way through every battle or maze to become a hero of legend. Hot-swapping heroes will be a must as each of the balls representing each character have distinct gameplay modifiers in the form of sizes, stats, and “specials.”
Tony Walsh, CEO and Creative Director at Phantom Compass, stated how tough it was to keep Rollers of the Realm: Reunion a secret. He also expressed how proud they are of the first game and that the sequel will be taking each successful beat of the original one step further.
Have a look at the key features of Rollers of the Realm: Reunion below, and don’t forget to check out the official announcement trailer too.
- An Unlikely (but Amazing) Fellowship: Classic flipper-focused pinball, puzzles, and platforming meet role-playing progression in a mashup sure to tickle the fancy of both pinball enthusiasts and RPG fans alike. Befriend NPCs and build out your party to become the ultimate unstoppable force!
- Baller Companions: Choose from five different bumper-busting heroes, including the Knight, Mage, Rogue, Healer, and the newly introduced Goblin Prince, each with distinct physics modifiers, special abilities, and upgradeable gear
- All-New Quest System: It pays to be a helpful adventurer, and the newly introduced Quest System invites players to put their benevolence to the test AND reap the rewards for their efforts. Finding sausages to feed a trusted furry companion or helping a local farm boy find his lost sheep will fetch bountiful benefits such as equipment unlocks and unique items.
- You Got Skills: Rollers of the Realm: Reunion adds all-new skills to the mix, including the ability to hot-swap your character mid-battle. Also, each character has a unique special ability, such as time manipulation — which allows you to slow down the pace and execute precision shots.
- This is How We Roll: Taking traditional pinball action and amping it up, players can engage in new ways to roll through a variety of gameplay features, including 2D side-scrolling and the super-sneaky top-down Stealth mode. With a variety of puzzling mazes and labyrinths to cruise through, players will be kept on the edge of their seats!
- A Treasure Trove of Challenges: Steel your adventuresome self for battle and bumping across 30+ missions and 24 playfields in a thrilling campaign storyline
- Two Heads are Better than One: No need to brave the long road ahead alone thanks to two-player cooperative play where each player controls a flipper
The game will be out on Steam and Epic Games Store in 2022, but in the meantime, give Phantom Compass a follow on Twitter and Facebook for news and updates. Anyone who missed out on the original game can also grab it at a whopping 80% discount on Steam.