Car Mechanic Simulator 2015 by PlayWay
After creating one of the most popular simulation titles on Steam in 2014, the team behind Car Mechanic Simulator 2014 is back with a direct sequel. According to the developers, the original game was purchased by more than 4 million players, but this doesn’t mean that they are resting on their laurels for the sequel. Instead the team, which is composed of people from PlayWay INC and Red Dot Game Studios, listened to player feedback and is creating a game with plenty of new stuff.
CMS 2015 is designed to take you behind the scenes of a car workshop and immerse you in the daily routine. As a mechanic it will be your job to repair cars for clients and then spending your profits on improving your skills and expanding the workshop. You can even renovate old cars with the goal of selling them for profit or make your fame as a car collector.
A new feature in CMS 2015 will be randomly generated jobs. Since jobs are time-restricted you will have to choose carefully which jobs you will take on. The complexity of the jobs will differ as well, so selecting the highest paying ones might not always be the best idea. In order to succeed you will have to know how to manage your time.
PlayWay claims that the cars in the game will be fully dismountable right down to their frames, which means that there is plenty of detail. With over 200 interactive parts making up each car you will have your work cut out for you when it comes to repairs.
Check out the list of features below that the developers are promising to implement in the game if they are able to reach the $20 000 stretch goal.
- Car auctions – buy old cars and renovate them. You can then sell them for cash or have your own collection.
- The photo mode – take “before” and “after” pictures of the renovated cars.
- Visual tuning – replace bumpers, lights, wheels, a bonnet or a steering wheel to adjust the car for the customer’s needs.
- Repair cars for your clients – it is your main source of income.
- An infinite number of randomly generated missions.
- Upgrade your workshop – purchase necessary tools and expand your garage with specific equipment such as lacquer spray booth or dyno. Those reasonable investments will allow you to provide greater range of services.
- 16 brand new car models. Each one is made of more than 200 parts. Amazing level of detail!
The developers plan on releasing the game in 2015 as it is already about 70% completed. The estimated retail price is $19,90, but you can secure your copy at a lower price by backing the project on Kickstarter. Head over to the Kickstarter page for this project to find out more about the stretch goals and rewards that the developers have put up.